Sonnie's Momo (now: O-Mo) blog makes me feel like a serious quitter when it comes to blogging. So I thought at least I'd take the opportunity to share a few items of interest that are completely unrelated to one another, if only to add another little hashmark to my Maw Blog post tally.
Item 1: I have had a bizarre, but insatiable craving for cigarettes. I guess insatiable because I have obviously not attempted to sate this craving. The only thing that makes me feel better about it is sniffing unbrewed black tea bags. I really don't know how to explain this. Matt thinks I am not craving what I think I'm craving because I don't even know what smoking is like, but I typically find it repulsive. Maybe I will buy a pack just to sniff it. I know that's weird, but so is most of pregnancy! I can't explain half of the stuff going on up in here, so I roll with it.
Item 2: Baby T is head down at (almost) 33 weeks, which means he will very likely stay that way. And that is fabulous news! (Is anyone else excited? I am excited enough for us all.)Of things I can stress/obsess over as we count down to due time, one of them does not have to be spinning my baby around for ideal labor positioning. Way to go Baby T! I love an overachiever!
Item 3: Baby T is a tall boy. This comes as a surprise to no one, but again, I really love an overachiever. Yes, bragging that you're tall is one of those things I delight in! :) Obviously, we don't know exactly how tall, but at my midwife visit yesterday, Vicki identified his body for me and noted his little behind was all the way up by my ribs with his legs kind of curled around across.
Item 4: Family party/shower this weekend! Can't WAIT to see all of our relatives, coming from near and far. Most people, I haven't seen at all since I've been pregnant due to: feeling awful for many months and it is going to be the best to have all my best around me sending Baby good vibes for a safe birth.
Item 5: I weigh 203.5 el bees. I am not sure why I delight in this and find it empowering. Maybe it is because if I don't delight in it, it will make me feel very sad and large. But I have stretchmarks to do that. Enough stretchmarks to circle the moon and back if connected end-to-end, as it happens. So when I think of my weight, I flex my arms and chant USA! USA! because I kind of feel like a champ for carrying it around all the time. I also feel very proud of my tall, healthy son! :)
Item 6: Homebirth is happenin'. Some of you know I was VERY concerned that my midwife had overbooked her clients for my due time and suggested that I may "have" to come to the birth center to have Baby. I finally summoned my courage and best stern voice and told her that under no circumstances was I coming to Tyler while I was in labor and that I'd choose a local hospital birth over that option. Meanwhile, I was shaking in my boots, hoping there was no bluff to call, and thinking I'd need to get together a very assertive birth plan in case of hospital. But as it happens, Vicki heard me loud and clear and told me that I was the only homebirth planned around my due time. She has back-up midwives she can have go to the birth center in order to make sure that, come hell or high water, she can attend my birth. I feel a lot better about this and cannot wait for the day when we welcome our son to the world in the peace and sanctity of our own home.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So many good things! I, too, am excited for Baby's shower, and not just for the open bar and vegan plates! And I am even more excited and happy for your tall, healthy son! What a lucky little boy. <3
I'm delighted to be your excuse to blog. :) Baby T is lucky to have such a strong and healthy mom to keep him safe until it's time to greet the world. It's going to be fabulous to share another day with you in celebrating and preparing for your son. :)
Mary, I am late on reading these. I love everything. I also craved cigarettes briefly after Lucie was born. It was so strange. Must be some nutrient desire or so. It did go away, but I was surprised at how strong it was!
Can't wait for Baby!
Cigarettes?! I, vegetarian, craved fried chicken and I thought that was weird. I also gained 60 lbs and look at me now.
You're awesome. I'm so glad you are having a home birth. I can't wait to hear all about it. Will you be birthing him in my room?
Post a Comment