Last Friday, at the conclusion of a period of seemingly endless optimism in which I kept saying "Oh no, this nausea will go away soon," I finally got an acupuncture treatment at a chiropractor's office in Lufkin.
YAY.
Actually, the evening following the treatment, I kind of felt the worst ever, but as the good doctor had told me I might, I was bracing myself. Imagine my delight when I woke up at 5 a.m. the next day bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and feeling like a human for the first time since December. It was a breakthrough! I wish I could say it's been constant sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows since then, but I've still had some stomach hugging moments. However, I've had a lot more good days than bad and the bad moments pass quickly. I'm also eating dinner again almost every night, which is truly a victory.
I have another "tune-up" with Dr. Roberts on Monday and I am hoping with continued treatments every couple weeks or so (not covered by insurance but which are mercifully highly affordable), I can banish my old frenemy once and for all.
I know you're all really wondering if Baby Turner is a boy or a girl and I am distracting you with some acu-tastic sleight of hand. Would you feel more enthusiastic about my triumph over nausea if I told you it will all be worth it to hold my little boy in September? Because I think it really will. :)
P.S. I know this is a public blog, but please keep Little Boy Turner out of the major news media outlets. I still feel a desperate secrecy about my treasure among bizards.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! I knew it! I can't wait to meet the littlest Mr. Turner and give him a big old smooch!
I'm so, so happy for you!
I told Daniel and Peter, and of course, the first thing they want to do is to create Baby Turner's Mii. I wish that you would update this blog more. Checking up on you is one of my few activities every day.
Oh my! I am beaming. I had a feeling little Turner would be a wee boy. :) I'm so excited!
I have lots of stuff to update with, but I was away from home all last week and in hotels where you had to pay for internet! I have ANOTHER week of that this coming week, but after that I hope it will be a Maw blog free-for-all!
MOAR MAW!
Post a Comment