Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clear Your Clutter with Feng Baby*

It's here: the third trimester. On one hand I feel like: "wow! already?!" On the other, more logical hand that is in regular touch with my acid reflux, I think "Of course it is here. I have felt every minute of this pregnancy and enough is enough!" But it really is amazing how soon Baby will be with us--really with us all, and not just intimately acquainted with my digestive tract.

It seems the less room I have in my body, the more desperate I am to make room in my house--for baby, yes, but also for new dreams and opportunities for our family. (Molly was pleased to be the first recipient of a new dream therapeutic dog bed especially for seniors.) I am in nesting mode I suppose, though Matt contends I have merely returned to my former pre-pregnancy obsessive self. I haven't felt like myself in so long, it's hard to know if he's right. But even so, did my former self throw out bags and bags of personal letters from high school with nary a care? No, former self did not! Though present self still struggles with hanging on to more recent correspondence from loved ones.

Nevertheless, my desire to make way for baby is relentless and if I have to adopt my brother-in-law's psychological tactic of substituting the word "saving" with "hoarding" to get myself moving, I will! Ex. "Are you hoarding these leftovers for supper later in the week?" It's a nice, over-the-top move. Fortunately, Matt is anti-hoard and if I wanted to throw out pretty much everything in our house, he would support that. Unfortunately, Matt is also ridiculously evolved and he keeps reminding me that even if we didn't do one more thing to ready our house between now and Baby's arrival, we would certainly be adequately prepared due to having food, blankets, and our love.

Ha! Our love! Now, get to work putting that crib together, Huzz! Ha! :)

I know he is right on the money (as usual, sigh), but don't be surprised if the next time you come visit my house, the whole thing has been turned upside down, emptied into a dumpster and we're all sitting on the floor in empty rooms lighting incense. Although I think it's safe to say it won't be that dramatic since God knows I can't really sit on the floor comfortably and incense makes me want to vomit. So if nothing else, I will literally come to my senses to save me from myself.

Still though, it's gonna get feng-tastic, people!

*I have no idea if this makes any sense. I know neither the meaning of the word feng, nor the word shui. Hopefully that blog title is not offensive in another language.

1 comments:

Zay said...

Enjoy the moments of when your house is clutter free and you've made room for baby. As soon as baby arrives there will be a whole new type of clutter.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com