Thursday, January 14, 2010

Google Spotlight: Morning Sickness and Pregnancy Week 7

Some things you might not know (but which are interesting) if you've never been pregnant, or if you have been pregnant, but are not a friend of the internet.

  • Morning sickness may have gotten its name because it is most commonly experienced during the first trimester, which is said to be "the morning" of your pregnancy (2nd= afternoon, 3rd= evening). Some women experience it most severely in the morning because it is exacerbated by hunger. And a night without food is a whole dang long time if you're pregnant, IMO.

  • Progesterone, which is thought to cause nausea in pregnancy, is what is holding my baby (now the size of a large blueberry!) into the uterine lining until I have a full-fledged placenta. Nausea should ease up in the 12th week when it's peanut butter jelly time with the placenta. Right now, my blueberry baby is feeding on the yolk of my egg! Chicken eggs are much bigger than human eggs because the yolk is all the baby chick will ever have to eat, whereas in a few weeks, as I mentioned, it will be peanut butter jelly time for Baby MRT. I think Baby MRT will be as glad of this as I am because his/her cell divisions have shown him/her to be a hunger beast.

  • Baby MRT is growing ribs this week! No kidding! Wow!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ribs?! RIBS!? I am flabbergasted.

Mary T-Allen said...

I know! The whole of Baby MRT is 13 mm, less than half an inch so can you imagine the size of those ribs?! Even a teacup yorkshire terrier thinks that's crazy!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com