I have wanted to keep this blog more up-to-date, but I am wondering how many times I can tell you I am fiercely hungry, not feeling very zen about nausea*, and going to bed early and waking up late? I mean really: who wants to hear that over and over again? I know I'm bored with it.
Saturday morning, I was in the early stages of waking when I was forming this brilliant metaphor about how the Maw might actually be a vampire. It was so apt! But then I woke up, tried to write it, and of course it made no sense at all. So the Maw is just among the unborn, and not the undead.
I will tell you a funny story though. Last night (the middle of it, of course), when I was shoveling raisin bran down my gullet, I started thinking about my nephew Daniel. He loooooves Wii, especially Mario Kart, much as I looooove food and especially the eating of it.
When I was visiting with Daniel and my sister in December, Daniel was desperately trying to unlock a special character in Mario Kart called Dry Bowser. He became so obsessed with it that at one point, he was simultaneously seat-bouncing on the ottoman, sobbing, and screaming "It's not fun! It's not fun! It's not fun, Mom!!!" Naturally, my sister and I being very compassionate people thought the best thing to do in this instance was to record this insane episode on video, while laughing uncontrollably. It remains today my very favorite video on youtube (sorry world; it's privately held). But even so, I kind of get where Daniel was coming from; it's how I've started to feel about eating.
I do it so often and have to choke down so much that I kind of want to scream/sob "It's not fun! It's not fun, Mom!" Because it isn't. :( I dread when I'll be hungry again because I know it will be very soon and I won't have the energy to prepare anything, but also am tired of always going to restaurants. Of course, no one was MAKING Daniel play Mario Kart, but I know he'd understand anyway.
* I kind of want to do harm to some women in the online forum I post in when they talk about how they "finally got to experience nausea this morning and it was glorious! I knew baby was healthy and doing well!" Oh shut UP. It is not awesome. I do not feel glorious about it. I look forward to not having it ever. again. Nausea is shrimply the worst. Bizards and your zen-ness!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eating is not fun any more? Say it is not so!!
*Finally* got to experience nausea? Bizards, through and through. Also, I would love to see this video of Daniel sometime. I know that feeling of hating something you love very well. Poor little D! Did he ever unlock the character? I will hope so, for his sake!
Post a Comment