Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hypnobabies is Hypnoawesome!

I mentioned hypnobabies a few posts back and wanted to just say a few words about it:

IT IS SO AWESOME!

First...what is it? Here is an explanation from Hypnobabies.com:

Hypno...babies??

Yes! These are babies whose parents choose to easily and naturally prepare for childbirth using the Hypnobabies method of Hypnotic Childbirth, which some might call "hypnobirthing". Hypnobabies however, is very different in that we teach real medical hypnosis techniques, creating an automatically peaceful, relaxing and more comfortable pregnancy, a calm confident Hypno-Dad, and an easier, fearless and often pain-free birthing for our Hypno-Mom.

Hypnobabies is a complete childbirth education course that also teaches Gerald Kein's famous Painless Childbirth techniques to Hypnobabies mothers so that they can enter hypnosis, deepen it themselves and remain mobile during labor, completely comfortable at all times. Most of our Hypno-babies have no drugs in their systems when they are born, and are able to nurse, breathe well and interact with their happy parents immediately.

Did you know?
There are people that have life-threatening allergies to anesthetics who successfully undergo medical and dental surgery with hypnosis as their only anesthesia! If hypnosis can create effective pain elimination for surgeries of all kinds, we know it can work for childbirth, and it does quite well. Your mind is much more powerful than you may realize, and right now you're using only 10% of it. You can easily tap into that gold mine and you'll be amazed at what you can do!


My sister introduced me to it, and also Lady Jo, as a way to create natural anesthesia during birth by meditating and going into a hypnotic trance. Jo reports excellent results!

Although I have not begun listening to the birthing tracks, I must report phenomenal results from the "Eliminate Nausea Now" track and the "Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations" track! Not only have they made my nausea SO. MUCH. BETTER. and a lot more infrequent and quicker to pass, it has also banished my headaches, cured my ubiquitous insomnia, and helped me to feel more positive in general about my body and about the development of baby and so on. I listen to these tracks on repeat for most of the night on my iPod and sleep so very soundly and peacefully! And my sister, who is just a month away from delivering and can hardly seem to get comfortable with herself at night is sleeping soundly through the night. Can't say enough great things! Yay HB!

So now when I constantly reference Hypnobabies, as I surely will, you will know what I am talking about.

2 comments:

jenharold said...

Hooray for limiting nausea!!

Jo said...

I do love the hypno. Oddly enough, one of the tracks I actually used during my lovely birthing time (in which each wonderful pressure wave brought my baby closer to being born) was "my bodily functions remain normal during my eeeeeasy birthing time." My doula had me write out my favorite ones and bring them to birthing time. I didn't end up using the print out but I used them mentally the entire time (and typing them out helped me note which ones resonated most). I'd start out a pressure wave with one affirmation and move into another and I had such wonderous visualizations which came to me. It was just amazing. I shall tell you more later instead of hijacking your blog! I just loved that the affirmations were such beautiful contradictions to all that false noise out there about birth.

Go sweet, wee Maw! Goodbye nausea!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com