Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What Dreams May Come

I have heard reports before of pregnant women having wild dreams before, but I had no idea how wild until they began with such fanfare last night.

After waking up for my 3 a.m. snack of Greek yogurt, I decided to try to go it alone without Hypnobabies (more on this later) and try to sleep quiet, uncoached sleep. It was only moments before Molly was having seizures and going wild-eyed and foaming at the mouth all over our bed. I was so upset and Matt said he would call an emergency veterinarian in Crockett (about 1 hour's drive away), but I needed to put Molly in the car and take her there right away, even in the middle of the night.

When I arrived in Crockett, I called Matt to find out my next steps in finding this emergency vet and on the phone he said "Ah, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I didn't call her. Just don't worry about it."

"But I'm here," I said. "I drove all this way! Molly is still seizing."
"I don't know what to tell you," he said. "I am on hold with this GIS company, so I'll have to talk to you later."

I woke up FURIOUS! ENRAGED! I was so angry at Matt for abandoning me and Molly Tee in the middle of the night! In Crockett! While seizing!

So I decided to tell Matt about my dream and he said "Well, it's probably because you're worried about our eventual divorce." He was chopping a bowl full of onions and putting them in a saucer in front of me.

"What are you talking about? Why?"
"Well, I have this friend Michelle, in California," he continued. "She was pretty upset when I told her I was married. But I said 'Don't worry. Nothing lasts forever.'"
"What do you mean Matt?" I pleaded and began to cry. "Why are you chopping all these onions? Don't you love me?"
"Sure I love you," he said. "But we all move on."

Little did I know I was not telling Matt about my dream. I was having another dream! When I woke up for really real, I told real Matt about the dreams and did he coddle me and tell me everything was going to be alright? No, when I worried about my bad dreams aloud he taunted "Nothing lasts forever."

Real nice, husby. He told me also that if I wanted to keep him around and not have him calling Michelle (whoever she is), I better play my cards right. That old husby is a little devil! Don't call him in the middle of the night from Crockett if you need an emergency vet.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

2 comments:

Jo said...

No offense to Michelles out there, but Mary is just a way, way better name.

Love,
Bizard

P.S. Husby is hilarious! "Nothing lasts forever." HAA! That is just awful, but I am laughing so much.

Mary T-Allen said...

That husby is a bad old dude! He was highly encouraged by you finding him funny, Team. He asked me at lunch "Would Michelle be upset about this?" Bad dude!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com