My complaint so many months ago that baby gear doesn't come in gender neutral colors often enough may not really have any teeth. As it turns out, in East Texas at least, there's almost nothing, NOTHING that is not available in mossy oak camouflage. And that's a color scheme for the whole family: amirite?
Spotted at the Nacogdoches Wal-Mart on Tuesday: mossy oak car seat strapped to a cart (that's buggy to East Texas natives like me). I should have snapped a photo (seeing still might be disbelieving!), but I was distracted/horrified by the parents arguing over who would put mossy baby in the car...so no one did for a couple tense minutes as both parents attempted to sit one another out, while baby remained unattended, still strapped to the cart. Awesome.
But back to my point about mossy oak: how can I claim I don't have options when I *obviously* do? Seriously though, can we get some plain old red or green up in here? Actually, never mind. After perusing the baby wares at Wal-Mart, I didn't want to buy anything anyway. Regardless of color, all my options still fell into the category of extremely inadequate and crappy. Le sigh.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've had many walks up and down the baby aisles in Wal-Mart and always felt so frustrated with my options.
Even if I could combine the big W's options with Targets I'm still not satisfied.
I remember when K came home from a Houston trip and brought back baby foods and gear from Whole Foods. I was in ga ga heaven. *sigh* If only we had such options just a tad bit closer.
Totally agree. I wish Amazon had a store front or that Lufkin Target wasn't such a disappointment! Obviously, East Texas parents want nice things for their kids. What gives?
Post a Comment