Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Solemn Vow

If I am ever pregnant again in the winter like this, I am going to take a tropical vacation. A long, sunny vacation where it is warm, where I will drink non-alcoholic coconut drinks and bask in the glowing rays of the ever-loving sun and forget that January and February are going on quite differently elsewhere.

Seasonal affective disorder? I think mine is terminal. The combination of nausea, exhaustion, and no sun + very, very cold biting weather (since October! longest, coldest winter in memory!) MIGHT kill me. March, where are you and will you promise to be good to me? If not, please send all future correspondence in care of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Just remember - you will be at the height of your pregnancy in the equally unforgiving humidity of August. Something to look forward to? Maybe. I'll bring coconut drinks to your house every day!

Mary T-Allen said...

At least there will be watermelon, home-grown tomatoes, and swimming. I know, as an August baby yourself, you can appreciate that I'm just not cut out for the chills!

Mary T-Allen said...

P.S. Maybe in July or August, I will want to go to Canada...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com